Steps to balance your door:
1. With the door in the closed position, pull the red cord on the operator head to disconnect.
2. Lift the door using the lift handle attached to the edge of the door.
3. It should lift smoothly and with little resistance balance about chest high and should remain open.
4. Using the handle, lower the door back to the ground.
5. To connect the garage door opener again, push the wall button and it will connect again and lift the door.
If the door does not lift smoothly or remain open, have the door inspected and adjusted by a trained door systems technician.