American Door Works, the leader in installation and service of residential and commercial garage (overhead) doors in Northwestern Minnesota, is currently seeking a customer-focused individual to join team as a Overhead Door Service Technician at our Alexandria location.
The Overhead Door Service Technician is the installation technician for residential garage doors, garage door openers, and keyless entry systems. Most work is done on newly constructed or remodeled homes & buildings, or replacement of existing door systems. This position will typically work during the day shift, Monday – Friday.
- Learning the basics of track alignment, track adjustment, horizontal leveling with slight raise, adequate back hangs, operator arm and photo eye setting.
- Installing door and associated system components as indicated on work order.
- Checking adjustment on all operators.
- Checking for proper door installation and clearances.
- Checking for appropriate UL 325 operator reversing operation and properly documenting any deficiencies.
- Checking all set screws, rollers, cables and balance, horizontal and vertical track settings.
- Checking balance on doors with operator disconnected.
- Oiling and lubricating all rollers and springs with proper oil.
- Placing appropriate stickers on doors and operators.
- Cleaning up all trash from job site.
- Leaving notification if anything is wrong (i.e. – bad operator, etc.).
- Leaving warranties and instruction manuals with customer.
- Explaining how door and operator works if customer is present.
- Responding to customer questions in a truthful and pleasant manner.
- Immediately notifying Division Manager of any injuries sustained while on the job.
- Accurately recording all material used.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you would like to be part of our growing team, American Door Works would like to meet with you. We offer a competitive starting wage that is commensurate to your previous work experience. Our benefit package includes 401(k) plan and quarterly incentive pay based on company profitability, paid vacation starting the first day of hire and paid holidays. We also offer health, dental, short-term disability, life insurance, and company paid long-term disability insurance.